Data Scientist (New York, NY)
We are looking for an experienced data science engineer with specialties in natural language processing and machine learning to join our team.
What you'll be doing
You will be the primary owner of the data insights stack. You will be responsible for the quality and accuracy of each of the insights end-products. This means understanding and helping to improve quality at every point along the stack: acquisition, persistence, processing, modeling, visualization, etc.
Your primary focus will be on our platform’s core natural language processing engine, responsibilities including continued core model development, accuracy improvements, model training/evaluation infrastructure, and engineering new features.
You will interface with other teams to identify and execute on opportunities to deploy machine learning solutions in other areas of operations to help improve business efficiency.
Quantitative background in Statistics, Computer Science, Math or other technical field.
Strong understanding and experience with predictive / analytical modeling techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong Python programming experience.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
- Experience in deploying machine learning-based systems in production environments.
- Strong ability to communicate results and methodologies to stakeholders.
- Ability to employ a product mindset and deep awareness for how updates to technology affect the customer experience and business fundamentals.
Who you are
- You are someone who gets stuff done and have a track record to prove it.
- You operate from an understanding of first principles and don't just apply the next cool shiny model.
- You are an excellent listener and speak from a place of empathy.
- You are comfortable operating with full-autonomy in environments with high uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You thrive in high-pressure environments.
- You do not let perfect get in the way of the good.
- You are hungry to make an impact.
- [Bonus Points] You live and breathe power laws.
Send a resume and cover letter to founders[at]cherrypickai.com